Thursday, October 6, 2011

Cynicism is Peace of Mind

I have a friend who's one of those people that have a great way of dealing with people. Never expect anything, except the fact that everyone around you is thinking about themselves and themselves only...

I always put my faith in people. I trust people beyond a level that would keep my heart intact when that faith is shattered. Which is always the case.

I almost always wish I was like him, though I also disagree with his "method". Then I look at my frame of mind and his after an argument and I realize he's much more better off than I am. What I do is by no measure just dueling... I leave my sanity. It becomes a state not just a thought I can't get rid of.

Cynicism... no expectations... but is it human? I think it's in our nature to trust, maybe its selfish to burden a human with our trust. Giving them something that they can break and as a consequence break us... that too is human nature, breaking bonds, breaking that faith we keep within ourselves, between each other.

Shattered and pretty confused. In fact, thinking about trust produces a brain storm so confusing, so messy that it doesn't make sense anymore... we always tell ourselves never to depend on anyone.... Dependence IS trust... peace of mind that's what he has...

Cynicism is peace of mind.

No comments: